Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Castle

Somewhere out beyond the noise, beyond the car horns and the shoe shine boys,
There’s a place of calm and gentle thought, of quiet peace and stillness sought,
Where all that tussles within my brain is forgotten now with soft refrain.
The wattage from the sun above, is dimmed beneath a careful glove
That keeps me warm and shades the glare and hosts a world of love and care.

But this is a place no man can find as it happens just inside my mind
And here at least for just an hour, I like to sit and my aches devour.
On some fine day maybe you’ll join me there, and deep into my eyes you’d stare.
But what you’d see I’m sure would daunt as one mans thoughts are anothers haunt.
As we grow, we learn and time does heal like something dumped upon a potter’s wheel
To be moulded, shaped and at last defeated, the painfulness maybe deleted.

But it’s all still clay, just prettied up, formed to something from which we’ll sup,
With avant-garde or abstract beauty, our minds distraction is all its duty.
But problems linger in a different form as a ship stays upright amidst a growing storm.
So steer a path to somewhere bright, where the leaves grow fresh and the air is light.
But then moor that ship and step right back, unload its cargo and its bags unpack.

And join me here by the waters edge with a cooling drink and a lemon wedge,
Forget the noise and distract your struggle, away from the things in life we juggle.
Live life for a moment just like a child and sit with me while the world spins wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment