Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bad Hat Day

Bad Hat Day

Today my hat’s the wrong way around so I think I’ll stay at home
Today the clouds outside are grey, and down the streets I cannot roam.

I’ve no idea why the hat just can’t sit the right way round
But it’s a circle at its edge and sometimes the right way can’t be found.

I can turn it till it’s the other way, and the back is now the front
Sometimes it never works and all I can do is hunt
For the courage that I need to open up my door
And face the big bad world outside and stop pacing on the floor.

It’s funny how something that just sits upon my head
Can ruin everything and just fill the world with dread.
But the blackness that I feel and the fear inside my heart
Is often trivialised by some folk who think they're smart.

But everybody knows, that a circles got one side
So to fix my hat disaster after my tears are dried,
I must be brave and smile and fool the world that I can show no fear,
And even though my heart is broke, my minds thoughts will never hear
The light of day, so just shut up and all this soon will pass...........
Is not the truth and will not help for a heart is made of glass.

So maybe I can leave it and not face the world today.
Maybe that’s the best idea, so here alone I think I’ll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment